On Thursday, Feb. 16, USTAR researchers and client entrepreneurs will stage an exhibit in the Capitol Rotunda of some of the most exciting technologies emerging in Utah.
The event will showcase eight USTAR research teams, and six commercialization projects supported by USTAR’s regional Technology Outreach offices and related services.
– Utah State University(USU) Applied Nutrition team
– USU Synthetic Bio-Manufacturing team
– USU STORM team
– USU Wireless Power Transfer team
– University of Utah (U of U) Nanotechnology Biosensors team
– U of U Energy: Fossil and Renewable team
– U of U Diagnostic Neuroimaging team
– U of U Wireless Nanosystems team
Entrepreneurs and other representatives from different parts of the state will be on hand as well:
– Southern Utah – SmackDab Technologies (digital tool for construction industry)
– Eastern Utah – Native Asphalt project (Uintah Basin oil sands for pavement)
– Central Utah – H2O TECH (waterjet dental drill)
– Northern Utah – Utah Center for Aviation Innovation and Design (various projects)
– SBIR-STTR Assistance Center – Aribex, Inc. (Handheld x-ray device)
– BioInnovations Gateway – BloXR (lead-free radiation protection for doctors and clinical staff)
At 10:30 am, members of the business community will speak at a press conference in support of the USTAR initiative. The event is underwritten with private funds from business supporters of USTAR.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.